You know, if we can get to it relatively easily (i.e., it's in the U.S.), we've got to visit a place before we do a podcast on it.
You asked, and we went!
This week: Washington State in the northeastern part of the United States. Damn! They are making great wine there, and it's worth seeking out. We get dorky about rocks, soil, and sunlight in this episode.
Download us on iTunes or click here for the link to the podcast (and click on the arrow under the "listen now" to hear it)
Here are the notes:
- Stats that you may find hard to believe, given Washington's relatively low profile
- Geography and geology, including M.C. Ice's nerdy turn as an (almost) geology minor
- We go MISSOULA on you!
- A bit more modern history
- The American Viticultural Areas -- with a special focus on Yakima, Rattlesnake Hills, Red Mountain, Snipes Mountain, Horse Heaven Hills, and Walla Walla
- Our best explanation of what the wines taste like
There are a few blog posts on Washington that may be of interest too:
Get a FREE audiobook download at www.audibletrial.com/winefornormalpeople. There are more than 100,000 titles to choose from, including some great wine books, for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
And thanks for listening! We can't wait to hear from you! If you've got a question you want us to answer, post it we'll include it on the show!
Podcast music: "Café connection" by morgantj / CC BY 3.0, ©2009 - Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (3.0)Map: Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license