We're getting in under the wire for New Year's Eve (and we've missed some of you abroad) but this episode is a must listen before you make a last run to the wine shop.
Here are the notes:
- Different sytle types of Champagne/Sparkling to consider: Traditional method, Brut, Prestige Cuvee (for lots of $$!!), Vintage dated and what it means. Blanc de Blanc, Blanc de Noir, Rosé. We cover the major differences between each and what to expect.
- More affordable alternatives to Champagne that are made like Champagne: Cremant, Cava, Franciacorta, US, Australian, and South African Sparkling wine.
- More affordable alternatives to Champagne that are much fruitier and made differently: Prosecco, Sekt
- Big brands v. small guys (Recoltant Manipulant)
- Some stuff on etiquette: how to open a bottle, pour it, and the all important toast superstition that you can't miss!
Enjoy! Happy New Year. Be safe, have fun, and thanks for listening and supporting us this year!