This week we tackle the pink...a wine you need to be drinking.
After a great listener question on whether or not lots of bubbles in a sparkling wine indicate quality (listen to find out!), we give a run down on Rosé.
Here are the notes:
- How Rosé is made: a little mixology, skin contact, and bleeding...that's right, it gets gory.
- Which grapes are commonly used and where
- What exactly is Blush and what's the difference between blush and Rosé
- How do you know if you are getting a sweet, white Zinfandel type wine or a dry Rosé?
- Regions that make pink wine: Rosé Champagne, Rosado, pink from the US, other regions around the world
- Other variations of Rosé: Vin Gris, orange wine
- Why vintage matters
- Serving temperatures and ideas on food pairings
And the Grape of the Week (I know we've been slacking...): Mourvédre!
And if you've got a question you want us to answer, post it on any of those places and we'll include it on the show!
Thanks for listening! We can't wait to hear from you!
Podcast music: "Café connection" by morgantj / CC BY 3.0, ©2009 - Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) Map: Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license