This week we talk about South Africa, one of my favorite countries. After going there in 2005, I became enamored of the wine and the country. Since then, I've been a big fan!
In this episode we hit on:
- The history of South African wine and why it's a good bridge between the Old and New World
- How South Africa's Price to Value ratio measures up
- The climate, geography, and varietals of the main growing regions
- The Wine of Origin or regional specificity pyramid
- Some detail on the most important wine regions: Stellenbosch, Paarl/Franschoek, Overberg, Robertson, and more...and why I love Swartland and think it has major potential!
I love South Africa and its wines. If you ever get a chance to visit or even look at pictures, check it out. It's a really special place!
If you've got a question you want us to answer, post it on any of those places and we'll include it on the show!
Thanks for listening! We can't wait to hear from you!