Elizabeth and MC Ice are back from hiatus this week. We start with a thanks to everyone for their hospitality on our Napa/Sonoma Harvest trip! Elizabeth is chronicling it on the blog, so check it out for details!
Shout outs from iTunes -- amazing new reviews! And a shout out from a listener to Ellie, the dog!
Main Topic: Bargain Wines
- Thanks to Leslie Strolla for the topic!
- Defining what we mean: Cheap v. Bargain
- The top bargains from Europe: places where people speak Spanish, Bordeaux (yup, that's right), some Southern Italian gems
- BAD values...you'll have to tune in to find out what Elizabeth says aren't great for your wallet
- The top bargains from English speaking countries: 1 part of California, and down under...
- White v. red -- which is a better bargain? Elizabeth gives her take
- Some info on the sausage factory (or the bait and switch business that happens in the world of cheap wine...)
- Write to Elizabeth if you know of a great bargain: elizabeth (at) winefornormalpeople (dot) com
- Listener question from Emir from Boston: What's the deal with wine clubs? We want you to Call us!!! Do you have a wine-related question for Elizabeth? Anything goes! Call 800-599-8478 (in the U.S.) or 1-415-226-9105 and dial extension 5 to leave your question for the Wine For Normal People Podcast, and we will play it on the show!
- Grape of the week: Malbec (one of the best bargains around)
If you like the podcast, please review us on iTunes, drop a comment on the Wine For Normal People blog, or join the growing conversation on Facebook (Wine For Normal People page) and Twitter @normalwine!