Main Topic: How a Grape Becomes a Wine
- The Goal: to talk about the important factors in winemaking without getting too technical! We focus more about where flavor comes from in the process.
- It all starts in the vineyard: the importance of terroir
- Grape flavors
- Destemming and crushing and what they do to flavor
- Fermentation and how yeast can change the taste of wine
- Malolactic fermentation: What it is and why it matters
- Aging, another word on oak, and the tale of dead yeast
- Blending and why the winemaker is an artist
Hope this one is helpful without being too dorky!
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)