Apr 27th, 2011 by winefornormalpeople
Rick takes a week off, so Elizabeth and special guest M.C. Ice discuss how to shop for wine so you walk out of the store with what you need and want.
- Shout-outs - Some great Twitter replies and Facebook posts Main Topic
- M.C. Ice confronts his fear of the Wall of Wine (WoW) and admits that he shops by label
- This time it's personal: Elizabeth takes the bull by the horns and tries to teach M.C. Ice how to break down the store so he starts bringing home some better wines!
- Elizabeth and M.C. Ice talk about the key questions to ask yourself before you even get in the store? "Why am I here?" is a good place to start. Shopping with a purpose is essential. They then get into the importance of deciding on the type of wine you want -- from color, to sweetness level, to weight, to style by wine producing country.
- Grape of the Week: Verdejo from Rueda in North Central Spain -- a great alternative white, kind of like Sauvignon Blanc, but with a bite.
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)