Mar 25th, 2011 by winefornormalpeople
Believe it or not, there are some unwritten rules about tasting wine in a formal setting. Whether you're at a winery, wine bar, or a fancy dinner, Elizabeth and Rick help by explaining 'wine etiquette'.
- Thanks to Matt and Brandy for leaving comments on the blog and giving us the idea for this show topic
- Huge props to Steve Paulo at Notes from the Cellar - an awesome wine blog that previously covered 8 Rules for Visiting Tasting Rooms (it's a great read!!)
- Shout-outs - Awesome reviews on iTunes, the blog, and the Facebook page
- Main Topic - Wine Etiquette
- When presented a wine, what do you do with the cork?
- Does it matter if you hold the wine glass properly?
- What are the best questions to ask at a wine tasting?
- Should you spit out your wine at a tasting?
- The difference between wine tasting rooms and wine bars
- Should you always finish your glass of wine?
- Should you tip the sommelier, or not tip on alcohol?
- When visiting a tasting room, are you obligated to buy a bottle of wine?
- Grape of the Week - Merlot (and why it's like Goldilocks)
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)
More at the Wine for Normal People blog
Awesome, guys! Glad I could be some amount of inspiration
Right on, Steve! Your ‘8 Rules for Visiting Tasting Room’ post is a classic:
Thanks for the shoutout. I plan on going for a run in a bit and catch up on some past episodes. Loving your podcast.
That is so cool, Matt, thanks for listening, and for the great ideas. Please keep them coming!