In addition to going over the correct pronunciation of sum-muhl-YAY (and sharing a few fun mispronunciations), Elizabeth and Rick provide some tips to help you have a productive conversation with the sommelier at a restaurant. We hope to make your wine ordering experience much more enjoyable and less intimidating.
- Shout-outs - Some awesome comments posted on the blog, Facebook page, Twitter, and also iTunes
- News - We're number one! We're number one! The U.S. ramps up their wine consumption.
- Main Topic - How to speak to a sommelier
- The correct pronunciation of sum-muhl-YAY (thanks to forvo.com)
- Different levels of wine expertise
- The surprising etymology of the word "sommelier"
- Ordering from the wine list, and what to ask the sommelier
- How ordering wine is like choosing kitchen cabinets
- What to do if your sommelier is a jerk
- Grape of the Week - Sauvignon Blanc
- Next Week - It's a surprise!!
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)
More at the Wine for Normal People blog