Mar 4th, 2011 by winefornormalpeople
Terroir (teh-RWAH) - It's a HUGE topic in the wine world, and not without controversy. In this first segment, Elizabeth and Rick define terroir and its effect on wine.
- Shout-outs - More awesome feedback from our friends on Facebook, the blog, and on iTunes!
- Wine News - We skipped this week's news to make room for the big main topic...
- Main Topic - What is Terroir? - A loaded question
- How to pronounce it correctly
- What does it mean (translation)?
- Its effect on wine (can you actually taste terroir?!)
- The big controversy - Is terroir a bunch of hooey?
- The origins of terroir (a bit of history)
- Grape of the Week - Cabernet Sauvignon (and its differences in terroir)
- Next Week - Terroir Part 2: Its different aspects and why terroir matters
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)
More at the Wine for Normal People blog