Jan 28th, 2011 by winefornormalpeople
Just like fashion, wines can be trendy. Elizabeth and Rick discuss the most popular wines of 2010 and which wine trends will be popular in the coming year.
- News - Americans are drinking more wine!
- Consumers - baby boomers and their millennial children
- Wine trends - which wines are people drinking?
- Wine pronunciation and ordering from the wine list
- Most popular wines searches in the Hello Vino app
- Grape of the Week: Pinot Noir (also known as the "heartbreak grape")
- Trends in flavor profiles (earthy vs. jammy wines, lower alcohol)
- The 'Sideways' movie and its influence
- Next week: Aging - how long to hold onto a wine before drinking
Sponsored by the free Hello Vino mobile app (iPhone & Android)
More at the Wine for Normal People blog